The hardest part of my job as a spiritual healer is to convince people that they can achieve a lot more in this world if they can manage to stay positive and optimistic during tough times. I am sure you’ve heard of the famous saying “you are where your mind is”. This quote, means exactly that. Many people don’t realize that constant negative thinking can be dangerous to their well being.
Before we move forward, I want to explain some information about past life time and how it affects our overall mood and thinking. The body is just a vessel to the soul, being born in to a specific family, body, hair color, eye color, height and looks is all out of our control. When the soul comes down to earth to be born in to a body, it many times develops or shows signs of certain past life time character traits. I am sure you have seen a toddler cry, complain, act selfish and irritable. These traits are not something the child’s parents have taught them, yet they are doing it all on their own.
Many people who are natural optimists, don’t realize how hard it is to pick up such traits. The best way to describe the human mind is to think of the mind as a mechanism that takes in information, analyzes it and then perceives it based on your human experiences. From a young age if a person is properly taught to being optimistic, to look for solutions, to fight for what is right, to never give up, to have faith ect. The child would grow in to someone that has a fighting chance of succeeding. Unfortunately, not only do many parents fail to teach their children this, they themselves add to it by teaching their children demotivating habits.
The big question many ask is, if you were raised to think negative and have an extremely pessimistic outlook on life, can that be changed? The most beautiful thing about being human is that we have the ability to not only change but to completely transform ourselves as long as we have the will power and intention to do so. The human mind can and does have the ability to achieve absolutely anything.
One may begin to ask, what steps do I take to begin thinking different? The journey to change is not easy, there is no change quick scheme. It takes time and effort to change habits that have grown to be normal within your mindset.
I will list a few important factors to follow that will help you get started on changing your thinking pattern:
- – Accept your flaws, and shortfalls
- – Don’t dwell on the past failures
- – Create boundaries in your life (with people, work, habits)
- – Learn to love yourself (self love books are great or consider one on one life coaching services)
- – Eliminate or reduce stress and stressful situations from your life
- – End relationships, friendships that are toxic in nature
- – Reduce conversations with people who are negative or pessimistic
- – Surround yourself with optimistic people
- – Exercise, feeling good about yourself is important
- – Eating healthy
- – Get proper amount of sleep (7 to 9 hours)
- – Have goals and objectives
- – Be ambitious
- – Don’t look at failure as a bad thing, instead think of it as a path to a potential bigger win
- – Stop yourself when you feel your mind is racing to think negative
- – Always expect positive outcomes (takes time to master, but not impossible)
These are just some of the things that are important when it comes to changing your mindset. Always remember, it is very easy to give up, but very hard to actually fight and achieve something. I do offer professional life coaching services to help you achieve the change you desire. Feel free to contact me with any questions.